Please read the information below which gives details of our PE and Sport Premium Grant and how we allocate the funding.
What is the Sport Premium?
In 2013 the Government showed their commitment to Physical Education by announcing the allocation of the sports premium funding. This funding was jointly provided by the Departments for Education, Health and Culture, Media and Sport, and saw money going directly into primary schools to spend on improving the quality of sport and PE for all their children. The initiative behind this funding has always been to ensure that schools can make improvements which are both sustainable and also provide children with opportunities to develop a lifetime commitment to be healthy and active. This funding has continued and this academic year we have recieved £16101.
The funding must only be used for school sports and physical education.
Purpose of funding
Schools will have to spend the sport funding on improving their provision of PE and sport, but they will have the freedom to choose how they do this.
Possible uses for the funding include:
• hiring specialist PE teachers or qualified sports coaches to work alongside primary teachers when teaching PE
• new or additional Change4Life sport clubs
• paying for professional development opportunities in PE/sport
• providing cover to release primary teachers for professional development in PE/sport
• running sport competitions, or increasing participation in the school games
• buying quality assured professional development modules or materials for PE/sport
• providing places for pupils on after school sport clubs and holiday clubs.
Please click the above link to find out how we are using the PE premium here at St Joseph's.